Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A little plan for a little man

My sweet baby boy was born in December and I want for this outfit to fit him this fall/winter. I'd like for him to be able to wear it for Winter Solstice and 12th Night (the two big court events in my area of the SCA, one in December, the other in January). I'll be cheating a bit on the fitting. I'll use one of the modern patterns I already own to get the size right, then I'll re-draw around it to get accurate lines for what I want. It's the best method I can come up with to make something that will fit him in six months.

I saw this portrait and immediately fell in love with the little boys' outfits.


Here's the rough plan for him. Don't mind the proportions...kids are hard to draw! It is almost an exact replica of the outfits in the portrait, right down to the little shoes (which I didn't draw, but are in my plans).

0 comments: